You may be able claim Medicare rebates to help cover the cost for therapy at Scope.
What are Medicare rebates?
Medicare is a government-funded scheme that helps you cover the cost of healthcare services and treatments.
Under Medicare, you may be eligible to receive a rebate for many healthcare services in Australia.
When you choose Scope, you may be able to claim back some of the costs for therapy using your Medicare rebate.
There are four Medicare services you may be able to access through Scope:
- Chronic Medical Conditions & Complex Care Needs
- Focussed Psychological Strategies
- Assessment for children under Helping Children with Autism and the Better Start Initiative
- Treatment for children under Helping Children with Autism and the Better Start Initiative
What services are offered under Medicare rebates?
Scope offer a variety of therapy services which may be eligible for a Medicare rebate, including:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
Services claimed under Medicare do not affect your ability to access other Scope services.
To find out more information about Medicare, you can visit the Medicare website.
How can I access Medicare rebates?
- You need a referral from your doctor. They can advise if you are eligible for Medicare rebates.
- Contact Scope about our therapy services. We will give you a quote for our services, including the cost of individual therapy sessions.
- Contact Medicare on 132 011 to find out how much you can claim back.