We are committed to safety of our customers, staff, family members and others that visit Scope services.
Scope is following guidelines from the Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health.
Our services have plans in place to respond if customers or employees are exposed or diagnosed with COVID-19. We have response team that will support our staff and customers if someone has a confirmed diagnosis.
In the meantime, we have put measures in place to help minimise the spread of the virus and keep everyone safe.
Practicing Good hygiene.
Our services and offices have received information to support them with good hygiene practice:
- Coughing and sneezing into our elbows or a tissue
- Washing our hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces regularly
Practicing Social distancing
Scope has implemented social distancing.
- Self isolating and staying home if we are unwell or displaying flu-like symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat
- Avoiding non-essential visits to service locations wherever possible
- Avoiding face-to-face meetings whenever possible
- Keeping a distance of 1.5 metres between people whenever possible
- Working from home for office based staff
Find out more about social distancing and avoiding public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups
Clear guidelines for staff
We’ve created clear guides for all our employees so they know how to practice social distancing, implement self-isolation and use of personal protective equipment.
Our staff know what to do if a customer is unwell, particularly if they display symptoms of COVID-19.
All staff have been reminded of our infection control procedure.
We’re also ensuring staff know how support customers to practice good hygiene and social distancing.
We’ve made important changes to services to help us minimise face to face contact while still delivering essential services.
There are also new rules for visitors – we all need to work together to help reduce the spread of the virus.