The NDIS made easy!
Easy English resources
Scope’s Accessible Information team worked with the NDIA to translate their fact sheets into Easy English to make sure that as many people as possible can understand the NDIS.
Easy English is a style of writing that has been developed to provide understandable and concise information for people with low English literacy. Many people find it hard to read and understand everyday written information. In fact, 44% of the Australian population are considered to have low literacy (ABS, 2012).
You can now access Easy English versions of the following documents:
- How to join the NDIS
- Help for my child
- How to get ready to make my first NDIS plan
- How to do my first NDIS plan
- How to start first NDIS plan
- How to start my NDIS plan with a Local Area Coordinator
- How to start my NDIS plan with a Support Coordinator
If you would like more information on Easy English or the NDIS, contact Scope’s Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre on 1300 472 673 or email@example.com