Calling all Writers!
Entries for the Telescope Writing Prize are now open.
Telescope is an annual writing prize for writers with a disability. This initiative is run by Scope’s Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre.
Who can enter?
Anyone with a disability can enter. There are sections for:
- Adults (over 18 years of age)
- Young writers (12-17 years of age)
What can you submit?
There are three categories in Telescope:
- Non-fiction: Including autobiography, essay, historical writing etc.
- Fiction: A short story or part of a novel
- Poetry: For all the poets out there!
- The piece must be written by you – it’s OK if you have had support getting you idea for your piece
- No longer than 4,000 words. It’s OK to enter part of a longer piece, just tell us in the comments section of the entry form
What happens after you enter?
We send your writing to the Telescope judges, who are experienced writers.
Awards and Readings
We will award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place per category.
Winners will be announced at a readings and awards event in December 2017.
All entrants will be invited to attend.
Contact Claire Traill
(03) 9843 2097
0409 232 391