Nominations for the Victorian Disability Awards are now open.
The awards are a joint initiative between National Disability Services and Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services.
They are an opportunity to recognise the advocacy, support and leadership of people involved with the disability sector.
There are seven categories, which according to Minister for Housing, Disability and Ageing Martin Foley “… ensure every Victorian, regardless of ability, can share in the life of their community.”
They categories are:
- Excellence in Advocacy and Promotion of Human Rights
- Excellence in Social and Cultural Access
- Excellence in Accessible Communications and Technology
- Excellence in Employment Outcomes
- Volunteer Award
- Emerging Leader Award
- Lifetime Achievement Honour Roll
To find out more information and complete your nomination, please visit: http://www.dhs.vic.gov.au/for-service-providers/disability/disability-recognition-awards/victorian-disability-sector-awards.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 24 March 2016.