Our experienced team can create a tailored therapy program. Together, we can help you reach your full potential in life.
Scope provides individual therapy support to people of all ages and their families.
Types of services
Our services are designed to help you get the most out of your life. And get you ready for times of change or adjustment
- Become more independent
- Join in with activities of your choice
- Get active and healthy
- Develop your skills and abilities
- Transition through life’s big moments
Physiotherapy is intended to improve your balance, coordination and strength through tailored therapy, exercises and specialist advice. Our therapists will work with you and your family to help you meet your movement and mobility goals.
Our skilled physiotherapists can help you to:
- Improve balance, coordination, strength and flexibility.
- Choose mobility equipment, such as a wheelchair, walker or standing frame.
- Design exercises for posture and movement control. We’ll come up with a program that works for you.
Scope’s occupational therapists work with you to build the skills and confidence to take part in everyday activities. We support you to participate in the activities that matter to you, whether this is school, work or social life.
Our skilled occupational therapists can help you to:
- Gain skills to be more independent at home, school or work.
- Make major life transitions, such as moving from kindergarten to school.
- Be a part of your community and participate in group activities.
- Access specialist equipment and give you advice about home modifications.
- Improve your focus and concentration.
- Improve your health and well being.
Speech pathologists specialise in assisting children and adults who have difficulty communicating, eating or drinking.
Our skilled speech pathologists can help you to:
- Improve your ability to communicate with others.
- Learn alternative communication techniques, such as Key Word Signs.
- Access specialised communication aids and resources.
- Develop verbal and literacy skills.
- Receive mealtime assistance.
- Learn saliva control techniques.
- Access gastrostomy advice and support.
Psychologists work with people of all ages and abilities to identify the types of mental health and behavioural supports you might need. Psychologists may provide resources, information and advice to you, your family members or carers.
Our skilled psychologists can help you to:
- Improve stress management, depression and other emotional wellbeing issues.
- Enhance your learning and memory skills.
- Develop relationships and communication skills.
Positive Behaviour Support
Scope’s Positive Behaviour Support Service provides a range of services to support individuals with behaviours of concern or challenging behaviours.
The focus of this service is to provide holistic assessment and solutions for both adults and children who have behaviours of concern and to reduce the use of restrictive interventions.
We have a highly specialised team of therapists including psychologists, speech pathologists and occupational therapists. The team provides consultancy, training, education and direct clinical support.
Our PBS services include:
- Communication, sensory, psychological and functional behavioural assessments
- Training and education
- Development and review of Behaviour Support Plans
- Individual skills training
For further information contact email@example.com or call (03) 9843 2000
The Bridging Project
This Bridging Project was undertaken by Scope in collaboration with the Centre for Developmental Disability Health Victoria, Monash University. The project’s aim was to progress the knowledge and resource base to ensure that individuals with complex communication and mental health needs have access to quality services.
The project has produced a number of resources including the following:
- counselling guidelines for community counselling practitioners
- an accessible booklet on grief and loss
- accessible fact sheets covering a range of mental health topics
For further information and resources
Information about supporting the mental health of people with complex communication needs. Includes fact sheets, podcasts, useful links to books and other publications, presentations and other useful resources.
Accessing our services
Our therapy services are flexible. We can arrange a therapy session at your home, a community venue, your kindergarten or school, or at one of our offices.
You can access our services by yourself or as part of a group therapy session.
You may also be interested in learning more about funding options.