Scope can provide you with expert advice, support and equipment for a range of mobility needs
Do you need mobility support for your child? Scope GoKids can provide you with expert advice, support and equipment for children with a range of mobility needs.
How we help
Our experienced team of therapists have specialised knowledge in childhood mobility support. We work with you to help your child reach their full potential, each step of the way. We can provide your child with customised equipment, such as wheelchairs, walkers and standing frames, to suit their needs. Scope can assist you by providing:
- Specialist advice about mobility equipment
- Detailed assessments and trials of wheelchairs, walkers and standing frames
- Support through all stages of accessing mobility equipment
- Training in the safe use and fitting of your child’s equipment.
Who can access Scope GoKids?
Our mobility services are available for individuals aged 0-18, who live in Victoria.
You may be able to receive funding for Scope GoKids through the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
You can also use the ‘fee for service’ option, which allows you to pay directly for the services you use. This can be used to access services in addition to the ones you receive through funding.
To access Scope GoKids services, complete and submit a referral form here. The one you choose will depend on the type of funding you currently receive. The referral can be completed by a child’s family, carer, therapist or NDIA planner. When we receive your referral we will contact you to make an appointment for your child’s initial assessment.
If you are paying for the assessment yourself (self-funding), please fill out the relevant referral form:
- Walking Aid Assessment Referral Form (PDF 202 KB)
- Standing Frame Assessment Referral Form (PDF 202 KB)
If your child is NDIA approved, please contact GoKids directly for more information.
- NDIA Walking Aid Assessment Referral Form – coming soon
- NDIA Standing Frame Assessment Referral Form – coming soon
- NDIA Wheelchair Assessment Form – coming soon.
Contact GoKids mobility services
Please contact GoKids mobility services with any questions or enquiries. phone: (03) 8311 4009 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s hard to put into words how I felt when I saw Ashleigh standing upright and in the Hart Walker. The most powerful thing for me was the look on her face, Ashleigh was just so proud of herself. For the first time in her life she was standing up independently. — Judy, Ashleigh’s mum