Occupational therapy can help you live the life you want. We are here to help you be as independent as possible. Occupational therapy uses training, games, activities and other fun ways to help you take part in everyday activities.
Scope’s occupational therapists (OT) will work very closely with you and your family or carer. As your OT gets to know you, they’ll better understand what you hope to achieve. Those hopes will be turned into a plan to help you reach your goals.
Your therapy may include playing games and being part of group activities. You’ll learn new skills. We’ll help you figure out ways to do things that are just right for you. We can visit your home and give you advice on how to make things work best for you. We might introduce tools or equipment that will create new possibilities for you.
We really want you to build skills and confidence to take part in everyday activities. We support you to participate in the activities that matter to you, whether this is school, work or social life.
Our OTs can help you to:
- Be more independent at home, school or work
- Look after your own personal care
- Sleep better and manage fatigue
- Manage your emotions
- Be able to use cutlery and eat meals without assistance
- Learn how to cook
- Be able to write, draw and paint
- Express your sexuality
- Get through big changes such as moving from kindergarten to school
- Be a part of your community
- Participate in group activities
- Access specialist equipment and home modifications
- Improve your focus and concentration
- Improve your health and wellbeing
- Manage your money and do your own shopping