Physiotherapy can help with movement and mobility. Treat pain and reduce stiffness without the use of medications. It can increase strength and control. All of these things can improve everyday life, giving you the confidence to do more of the activities you enjoy. Physiotherapists do this with massage, exercises, physical activities, heat, breathing exercises and other non-invasive techniques.
Your physiotherapist will get to know you. They will take time to understand your medical diagnosis as well as they way you feel. We’ll work with you to figure out what would make you more comfortable. You can let us know what you would like to achieve.
Your parent or carer is encouraged to join in on the sessions. We’d like to get to know you both. We’ll teach your carer how they can help you work on your goals. We’ll also show them how they can help you move in a way that is safe for both you and them.
Our therapists will work with you and your family to help you meet your movement and mobility goals.
Your physiotherapist can help you to:
- Feel stronger
- Feel more comfortable
- Have less pain
- Improve balance and coordination
- Be more flexible
- Control movement
- Choose mobility equipment, such as a wheelchair, walker or standing frame.
- Improve your posture
- Learn new skills
- Open the door to possibilities and help you reach your goals
Your physiotherapist will also teach your parent or carer:
- How to help you do your exercises
- The safest way to help you move
- How to hold you
- How to help you use your mobility equipment
- How they can help you feel more comfortable at home