This program is presented by Scope in partnership with the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD).
During this exclusive 4 day program, we will the discuss the current context and application of PBS. Additionally, we will also think through the implementation issues for your organisation. The program covers essential components of a PBS framework and what should be in a PBS plan. We will also discuss strategies for reducing restrictive practices, improving quality of life, and embedding a PBS culture into your organisation.
The main purpose of this program is to support you promote the culture of positive behaviour within your organisation and coach your colleagues.
- Deepen personal knowledge and understanding of PBS.
- Generate ideas for training/dissemination materials in accessible formats and at the right level for everyone who needs to know about PBS.
- Develop an understanding of how to implement PBS at individual, service and organisational level.
- Share ideas and learn from others.
- Describe the development and component parts of the PBS framework and demonstrate knowledge of key areas.
- Analyse areas of organisational implementation of PBS and relate them to their service or organisation.
- Prepare resources to support workforce competence.
- Demonstrate how to use coaching to improve practice standards.
- Develop an action plan to transfer learning in the workplace.
About The Centre for the Advancement of Positive Behaviour Support
The Centre for the Advancement of Positive Behaviour Support was set up to support the organisational and workforce development of Positive Behaviour Support. This was set up by the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills in the learning disability sector around positive behaviour support. More information on BILD and the CAPBS is available here.