Psychologists work with people of all ages and abilities. They get to know you on a personal level and go at a pace that suits you. They want to know what you’re feeling. Are you anxious or depressed? Are you stressed? Nervous about social situations? Feeling lonely? Having trouble with family members or carers? Your psychologist can help you work through these problems as well as many others.
Your psychologist will also help you to understand what you are feeling. They will teach you to name your emotion and what it means. They will give you tools and teach you how to handle different situations. They will slowly work through the challenges you may be facing and help you celebrate wins along the way.
Psychologists may also provide resources, information and advice to your family members or carers.
Our friendly psychologists can help you to:
- Understand your diagnosis
- Manage depression and anxiety
- Manage anger
- Work on your emotional wellbeing
- Understand and communicate your feelings
- Express your needs and wants
- Recognise emotions in others
- Increase your confidence
- Learn how to manage stress
- Help you learn and remember information
- Develop social skills
- Build relationships
- Improve your quality of life