Our education and training programs give you the tools and know-how to enhance your skills. For individuals and organisations, Scope offers the following training in the following areas:
- How to make communication aids
- Assessing communication
- The strategies and tools required to support people with communication difficulties. This includes people with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, acquired brain injuries and those who have behaviours of concern
- How to make written information accessible for people who have literacy difficulties
- Using a sensory-focused approach, meaningful participation for people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities (PIMD)
- Communication access, making communities more accessible for people with little or no speech
- Specialised iPad workshops
You can also access our free podcast: “Alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) in children with cerebral palsy” to learn more about the myths and benefits of using AAC and what’s new in AAC strategies and technology.
Schools, corporate and community education programs
Scope also offers education programs to businesses, organisations, local governments, schools and community groups across Victoria. Scope’s education programs aim to foster understanding and promote the importance of creating welcoming and inclusive communities for people living with a disability. Programs can be tailored to suit the goals of your organisation. Scope’s education programs are workshop-style education program guiding organisations in how to interact and communicate to people with a disability. To find out more about the programs offered click here
The 2020 training and education calendar as provided by Scope’s Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre is below. To register for one of our scheduled workshops please complete an application form or talk to us about arranging a session for your workplace.
Please click here for a print version of our 2020 Training Calendar.