Scope’s education programs are workshop-style education programs guiding organisations on how to interact and communicate with people with a disability.
Organisations have told us that our key message of “see the person, not the disability” has improved communication strategies across the board, creating happier, more accepting workplaces.
We offer programs to businesses, organisations, local governments and community groups across Victoria. Programs can be tailored to suit the goals of your organisation.
How we help
Our education programs give you expert advice and practical tools on how to interact in a positive way with people with a disability.
We provide you with the skills to make your business or organisation a welcoming place for people with a disability, including:
- Identifying areas that could be more accessible.
- Providing you with the knowledge on how to Interact and communicate successfully with people who have communication difficulties.
- Learning how to deliver your services to customers with a disability.
- Identifying the business and social benefits of making your organisation a better place for people with a disability.
- Understanding individual and organisational obligations under current disability-related legislation.
We come to you
In the past year, Scope delivered more than 60 education programs to around 650 participants across Victoria. Our experienced team of Community Educators can present programs at your workplace or community venue.
We offer programs to:
- Businesses and corporations
- Local government organisations
- Education and childcare providers
- Community organisations and groups.
Scope Education programs
This is a progressive, interactive program offering real value to organisations. It educates your staff to see the person, not the disability.
Each session is co-facilitated by a person with a disability and there is the opportunity to tailor the subject matter to suit your organisation’s goals.
We offer a comprehensive learning experience for employees, including multimedia presentations, group discussions and practical activities. We provide resources and information as part of the training.
To find out more, download the Corporate and community education program fact sheet.
Organisations big and small across Victoria have turned to Scope to provide them with disability education, including:
- AFL Victoria
- St Vincent’s Hospital
- Department of Justice
- Swimming Victoria
- The Bank of Melbourne
- Melbourne Aquarium
- Old Treasury Building
- Glen Eira City Council
- City of Boroondara
- City of Whittlesea
- Moreland City Council
You may also be interested in learning about Scope’s School Education programs.
For more information, contact us today.