It all started in 2016 when fourteen people from Scope inspired us all by participating in the Melbourne Marathon.
Last year as Scope Team Ability we tackled the run with the largest team of participants yet. All distances were covered on the day, with Scope taking part in all five event distances.
This year we are excited to form once again as Scope Team Ability. Team up with us as we rally together to celebrate our achievements and recognise people of all abilities.
The Melbourne Marathon is on 14 October at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). There is an event for everyone with distances ranging from a three kilometre walk to a full 42 kilometre marathon.
Want to be part of the fun?
To join Scope Team Ability, simply follow these instructions:
- Visit the Melbourne Marathon sign up page.
- Select the event distance you want to participate in and fill in your details.
- If you wish to fundraise, under Race Day question Who will you be fundraising for? select Another charity not listed here. We will make sure you have details on how to set up your fundraising page for Scope.
- Complete your registration. Please ensure under Team Information your team is Scope Team Ability (Lester)
- The Scope Team Ability Team Captain will then be able to send you details on how to set up your fundraising page and keep you up to date with any team activities and fundraising initiatives.
There’s still time to fundraise for Scope – raise $300 before Sunday October 14 and receive a FREE Scope Team Ability t-shirt or singlet!
Header Image: Team Ability at the 2017 Melbourne Marathon.