Are you nearing the end of your studies in Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology or similar discipline? Starting to think about what comes next? If you’re looking to build a career as a therapist, and you want to work in an incredibly supportive and inclusive environment, then we encourage you to apply for our 2023 Therapy Graduate Program.
Our Graduate Program is designed to give you hands-on experience with clients, alongside your peers and with full support from our mentors. It’s a great opportunity to develop your skills and gain holistic theoretical and practical knowledge in designing and delivering therapy programs.
What does it involve?
Think of our Graduate Program as a stable stepping-stone to a successful career as a therapist. We’re here to help ease your transition from university to working life, providing full support at every step of the way. But that’s not to say you won’t be challenged!
During the program, you will:
- Deliver goal directed therapy to children, young people, and adults who are experiencing learning, language, sensory, intellectual, physical, and cognitive difficulties
- Undertake functional skill assessments and home assessments
- Prescribe equipment for children and adults
- Provide services that build on customer’s strengths and develop sustainable long-term solutions
- Provide evidence-based interventions
- Emphasise parent, teacher, and carer education to nurture change
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of speech pathologists, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists
- To provide holistic customer outcomes
- Work within a range of funding models, including NDIS
Don’t worry, if any of the above sounds hard, know that we’ve got your back and will help you be your best.
I really enjoyed it – it was a good way to make connections, see people face-to-face and bounce off each other. The highlight for me was the knowledge of those presenting and knowing there was support from people who have been in the industry.Brianna Pursell, a recent La Trobe alumna studying Masters of Speech Pathology
Perks of the Program
- Salary packaging and competitive remuneration in line with our Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA)
- Desktop PC, iPhone, and iPad for work use
- Travel allowance or access to vehicles for community appointments and graduate program workshops
- An incredibly positive, dynamic, and multidisciplinary team culture
- Access to Scope’s broader therapy network
- Supportive mentoring program and specialist supervision
- Informal and formal professional development opportunities
Who can apply?
Scope’s 2023 Therapy Graduate Program is open to anyone in Victoria who has recently completed university studies or will be completing them in 2022. You’ll need to be registered with AHPRA, and show that you’re ready to embark on a career as a therapist.
Ready to get started?
To apply, please submit a letter outlining your interest and goals in working at Scope and joining our Therapy Graduate Program, along with your:
- Working with Children’s Check (Employee)
- NDIS Worker Screening
- COVID vaccination status certificate
- Drivers License
- APHRA – OT & Physio (current registration without conditions) Speech Pathologist (current full registration with Speech Pathology Australia (not students))
- Academic transcripts: Nonofficial is acceptable
If you have any questions before you apply or would like to have a confidential conversation about your application, please email our Early Careers Talent Partner, Lydia Disint at email@example.com.