If you’re about to finish high school or have recently finished, there’s no doubt you’ll be excited about what comes next.
You also may be feeling a little worried, anxious or unprepared, and that’s ok too. In fact, everyone feels that way before their first job! Our School Leaver Employment Support (SLES) service can help you feel more confident and ready to join the workforce.
Who is eligible for SLES?
SLES participants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- NDIS Plan: Have an active National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan.
- School Leaver: Be in the final years of school or have recently left school.
- Age Range: Generally, teens and young adults aged 16 to 24 years, but age limits can vary.
How does SLES work?
Our trained team works with you to understand your interests and what you might like to do.
We offer individualised support as you transition from high school into the workforce by focusing on your goals and supporting you to develop important skills.
We offer practical activities, work experience and volunteering opportunities as well as group and individual support options and support with further training and education.
We help you to:
- Boost confidence and motivation
- Access training and mentoring
- Identify skills and interests
- Résumé preparation, interview practice
- Gain valuable on-the-job work experience
- Assistance to find and maintain meaningful employment
This support can run for up to two years, depending on your individual needs and how ready you feel.
We can also link you in with other supports that you may need on your journey. Starting your first job can be fun and exciting, with assistance from Scope.