Scope’s Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBSS) provides specialised therapeutic services for people with behaviours of concern (also known as challenging behaviour).
We’ll get to know you and your support network and our approach will depend on your unique needs. We are an NDIS provider.
You can access our Positive Behaviour Support Service for specialist behavioural intervention support under the NDIS Support Item: Improved Relationships.
Often it will involve a mix of:
- Understanding you and your environment
- Understanding the behaviour and the triggers
- Identifying helpful, alternative ways to meet the same needs
- Identifying what to do to prevent the behaviour and what might help when the behaviour occurs
- Reducing the use of restrictive interventions
- Anticipating what may go wrong
- Working together on strategies
- Involving family and carers
- Working with your other therapists
Our PBS services include:
- A full assessment
- Increasing effective communication
- Understanding sensory, psychological and functional triggers
- Addressing health issues that may be impacting behaviour
- Assistance in building positive relationships
- Training and education
- Development and review of Behaviour Support Plans
- Skills training
- Helping you improve your quality of life