Positive Behaviour Support
Specialised therapeutic services
We get to know you and your support network to help improve your quality of life
Scope’s Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBSS) provides specialised therapeutic services for people with behaviours of concern (also known as challenging behaviour).
We’ll get to know you and your support network and our approach will depend on your unique needs.
Often it will involve a mix of:
- understanding you and your environment
- Understanding the behaviour and the triggers
- Identifying desired behaviour
- Positive reinforcement and effective support options
- Reducing the use of restrictive interventions
- Anticipating what may go wrong
- Working together on strategies
- Involving family and carers
- Working with your other therapists
Our PBS services include:
- A full assessment
- Increasing effective communication
- Understanding sensory, psychological and functional triggers
- Addressing health issues that may be impacting behaviour
- Assistance in building positive relationships
- Training and education
- Development and review of Behaviour Support Plans
- Skills training
- Helping you improve your quality of life
We are an NDIS provider. You can access our Positive Behaviour Support Service for specialist behavioural intervention support under the NDIS Support Item: Improved Relationships.
Get the plan that's right for you - Scope NDIS Planning Tool
Planning and knowing your goals is the key to getting the right funding for the services you want. Scope's planning tool is an easy to use, step by step guide with key questions and helpful hints.
Find Positive Behaviour Support Services available near you.
Latest from our blog
20 Mar 2020
Talking to the person you support about the coronavirus
With constant updates about the coronavirus outbreak, it's a subject we can't avoid. Here are some tips on how to tackle the topic.
13 Mar 2020
How to prepare for your NDIS planning meeting
To help you feel prepared for your NDIS planning meeting, here are some tips on what you can do to get ready for this next step in your NDIS journey.
5 Mar 2020
Support your child's speech and communication at home
There are many things you can do at home to support what your child learns at school or with specialist teachers.
27 Feb 2020
Tips and tricks to get the most from the NDIS
There’s still a bit of confusion around the NDIS. Let’s take a look at important things you need to know so you can get the most from the scheme.