Using a range of games and activities, occupational therapy helps you learn new skills and take part in everyday activities.
Scope’s occupational therapists (OTs) work closely with you and your family or carer. They can visit you at home to make sure your environment is set up just right, and they might suggest you try new equipment that makes life easier or better for you.
By getting to know you, our OTs can design activities that will help you gain the skills and confidence to participate in whatever it is you want to do.
How our OTs can help you:
There are so many ways an OT can help you live your life to the full. It’s all about working out what your goals are, and then designing a plan that’s right for you.
For example, your OT can provide the following:
- Activity of daily living assessments and interventions;
- NDIS functional assessments & independent living skills assessments
- Seating & pressure care management; wheelchair, lift chairs, recliners
- Powered mobility assessments; power wheelchairs, mobility scooters
- Manual handling education and training; with carers, support staff
- Assistive technology and equipment prescription
- Home modification; bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, access
- Falls prevention; pre and post fall reviews
- Environmental assessments; community access, home environment, work environment, day program
- Sensory integration therapy
Often, OTs will work in a team alongside other health professionals. It all depends on your situation and what you want to achieve.
Please contact us to discuss our capacity and wait time to provide service.
We currently have very limited capacity to take on new clients outside of certain areas. Please contact us to discuss whether we are able to provide this service and for wait times.